April 2, 2020
HARRISBURG, Pa. — The Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association, launched a NEW “Family Resources” addition to their popular dairy-themed website for all ages to enjoy from the comfort of their homes.
“Whether you are looking for a fun virtual farm tour, a new educational activity, or a delicious dairy recipe or craft, we are excited to showcase our world-class dairy industry and offer new opportunities during this challenging time for everyone. We’ve compiled so many wonderful entertaining dairy opportunities for all ages to enjoy, including many from our dairy farmers who are busy producing fresh, local milk to deliver to our families during this critical time in our country,” says PA Dairymen’s Executive Director Dave Smith.
- Discover Dairy – Brings the farm to you through this interactive cross-curricular, multi-level lesson series that meets Pennsylvania state education standards and anchors for science, math and reading, STEM.
- Virtual Learning Library for elementary and middle school teachers and students.
- Farm Life – A Virtual Experience – Where visitors can visit a dairy farm or meet a dairy farmer to learn more about farm life.
- Free educational games, children’s books and songs, arts, crafts, experiments, family and kids’ friendly recipes and more.
- The Calving Corner – Highlights the live dairy cow birthing center at the PA Farm Show, where dairy farm families share life on the farm videos.
- American Dairy Association Northeast (ADANE) – Offers “Farm Fun” with dairy farm tours and activities.
Over the past several weeks, “Dairyman Dave” has been sharing more frequent updates from his family farm with followers and milkshake fans on social media, since it’s where people are turning for news, activities and entertainment, given the current social distancing measures in place.