PA Dairymen's Association was originally formed as the Crawford County Dairy Association in 1871.
Within 17 years, the county group had become a statewide organization with a focus on supporting Pennsylvania dairy farms.
In 1953, the Association joined together with Valley Grange #1360 from Lewisberry, Pa. to serve hand-dipped milkshakes at the annual Pa. Farm Show.
More than 70 years later, the Association is still serving their now famous milkshakes each year to Farm Show’s visitors. The Association also provides fried cheese cubes, ice cream and grilled cheese sandwiches during the Pa. Farm Show.
Proceeds from the sale of milkshakes benefit agricultural scholarships, youth programs and educational programs across the state.
The PA Dairymen’s Association is governed by a dairy farmer Board of Directors and is lead by executive director Dave Smith.
Join Our Team or Volunteer
Please email email@example.com with your completed application and any questions or call at 717-306-8644.
The type of work and requirement to be performed is as follows:
- Work requires standing for extended periods of time from 4- 8 hours
- Cutting and putting cheese cubes on skewers
- Buttering bread for grilled cheese
- Placing cheese on bread
- Working with a gas griddle making grilled cheese
- Working a soft serve ice cream machine tapping ice cream into cups or cones
- Working the counter taking customers’ orders
- Working a Point-of-Sale System accepting cash & credit card sales
- Food Court located in the EXPO Hall
- Serving Hours 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Sign up for any number of shifts
- Indicate Food Prep____ Counter Service_____
- Plan on traffic/plan on 15 minutes prior to scheduled time
- Be at least 16 years old
- Parking pass for your shift
- Free bottled water during your shift
To promote and support the dairy industry in Pennsylvania.
To become a pillar of strength, both financially and vocally, for Pennsylvania’s dairy industry.
Pa. Dairymen's Board of Directors
Front row, from left: Jayne Sebright, Amanda Condo, Kerri Weber, Cindy Weimer, Meranda Sellers, Joy Widerman, Dave Smith, Dave Lentz
Back row, from left: Frank Graybill, Brian Harris, Keith Spicher, Jeff Harding, Aaron Harris, Nate Ulmer, Glenn Gorrell, Nate Heim, Troy Hill, Rob Waddell
Not pictured: Lynn Royer, Lisa Holden, Alex Baloga